Summer is here, and with July around the corner, we are all about to experience the year’s hottest temperatures. This heat will never be more apparent than when you enter your car after it has been parked in the sun. In just 10 minutes, the temperature of a parked vehicle can rise 20 degrees, and will feel significantly hotter than the air outside of the car.
So without further adieu, here are the reasons why you need a remote start this summer.
- Cool down your car. – Have you ever blasted your A/C, only to get a huge wind of hot air blown into your face? Starting your engine 5-10 minutes before you enter your car will give your A/C system a chance to cool down.
- Decrease air pressure. – A huge reason why the temperature inside of a car on a hot day ‘feels’ so much hotter is because of the increased air pressure. Turning on your engine will allow the air circulation to start beforehand.
- Black leather seats…enough said. – In direct sunlight, black leather seats will quickly turn from a luxury into a burn risk. Unless you’re wearing slacks on a 90˚ day, the best protection against hot seats is a remote start!
One very important note: a remote start does NOT make it safe to leave children, pets, or anybody for that matter inside of a parked vehicle on a hot day. Avoid taking children to places that are not kid-friendly (same goes for pets), ALWAYS make sure to check your back seat before leaving your car, even if it is only for a “quick stop”.
Lastly, our team has made a couple recommendations for Compustar remote car starters that will give you the best experience of cooling down your vehicle this summer!
- PRO T13 – This system has a remote with an LCD screen that confirms when you’ve successfully remote started your vehicle. The LCD also displays status features such as inside temperature and battery voltage.
- PRO R5 – The PRO R5 is a simple 2-way remote that has one button, capable of sending four commands: remote start, stop engine, lock, and unlock!
PRO Series products including the PRO T13 and PRO R5 are exclusively available at Compustar PRO dealers. Visit our Dealer Locator and select the “Display only PRO dealers” box to find a PRO dealer near you!
Consumer Reports – http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2010/07/tips-for-driving-in-the-summer-heat/index.htm
Titan Insurance – https://www.titan.com/child-car-safety-hot-cars.jsp
Red Cross – http://www.redcross.org/news/article/Red-Cross-How-to-Stay-Safe-in-Hot-Weather